2408-Excess Pressure Regulator(Threaded End)
The Type 2408 self-operated excess pressure regulator are used to control the pressure of flammable gases used as a source of energy, e.g. in boilers, driers, vaporizers, heat exchangers or industrial furnaces. Alternatively, it can control the compressed air supply in process engineering applications.
An additional application of the regulator is the pressure control of inert gas used for inerting or blanketing reaction or storage tanks to protect the product in the tank from oxidation, explosion or escaping. To achieve an economical consumption of the inert gas, its pressure must be controlled to always remain slightly higher than atmospheric pressure while the tank is being filled or emptied.
An excess pressure valve is used to control the upstream pressure (p1) to an adjusted set point. The design of an excess pressure regulator valve is to open when the upstream pressure rises above the set value.
These valves are self-operated in that the upstream pressure being controlled is tapped upstream of the valve and transmitted via a control line to the operating diaphragm of the Type 2408 where it is converted into a positioning force.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Low-maintenance proportional regulator
- Compact regulator design providing excellent control accuracy
- Internal set point springs with set point adjustment using a nut on the actuator
- Spring-loaded, single-seated valve balanced by a balancing diaphragm
- External connection of a control line
- Minimum leakage class IV
- Suitable as vacuum breaker
- Size:1/2" to 1"
- ANSI Class:300
- Set Point Range:0.075 to 15psi (0.005 to 1bar)
- Temperature Range:-5 to 300℉(-20 to 150℃)